SC Hub’s Regional STEM Festivals
Please join us as an exhibitor, volunteer or attendee at one of the 2017-18 festivals. If you have questions, please email the Hub at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEM Festival Philosophy
STEM is about learning, investigation and career readiness, but it’s also about having FUN!
The South Central Regional Hub partners with local community leaders and educators to host annual Family STEM Festivals. Exhibitors from throughout Iowa spark student and parent interest with hands-on learning ranging from driving robots and trying virtual welding to testing chemical reactions and building structures. Each festival is quickly becoming a community-wide, must attend event!
STEM Exhibits are usually interactive, hands-on experiences. Here are a few tips to help you succeed at any festival.
- Display your group or company’s name. If appropriate, hand out flyers or brochures that list contact information for after the event.
- Consider the age of the audience. Many festival goers range between kindergarten and 8th grade.
- Often people spend 5-10 minutes per booth, so having a quick activity or interaction is important.
- Let festival planners know if you need access to electricity, water, the outdoors, etc.
- If it interests you, it will likely interest a student. Create a space that is interesting and fun.
- The Hub is here to help you with booth ideas. Please contact Dr. Sarah Derry at email@example.com.
Past Exhibit Examples
There’s a STEM component in almost everything, and we can help you create a great booth that engages STEM enthusiasts of all ages. Check out some of our past exhibitors in the photos below.
Business and industry professions, like John Deere’s Inspire Program.
Colleges and universities, like Grandview Science, are regular participants.
Elementary and secondary school students often showcase school activities, like robotics teams.