Checkout Library and PreK-12 Resources
If you’re interested in checking out Hub materials, please follow the steps below. If you have any questions, do email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view the Hub’s Inventory List.
Click here to request or reserve materials Checkout Request.
Directions for Checking Out Materials:
1. View the Hub’s Inventory List. Educators can keep the kits up to 3 weeks and the set of 30 tablets up to 1 week. You can also reserve your kit to ensure access to materials in the future.
2. Make your request using this Checkout Request. You’ll get a confirmation of the request with details on how to pick it up. If you don’t hear back from the Hub within a day or two, please send a note of inquiry to email@example.com.
3. You’ll receive a confirmation email from the Hub that we have received your request. IF the item is unable, we’ll let you know the closest available date. IF the item is available, we’ll have it ready on your pick-up date.
4. Next, make plans to pick up your materials. All items may be picked up at the SC STEM Hub Regional Office. Please plan your vehicle size accordingly.
5. After use, please return kit in the same condition. Replace used supplies. Let the Hub know if the item has problems or is missing parts. We want to fix this before the next educator checks it out. Return to the SC STEM Hub, also.
Pick-up and Drop-Off Address:
SC STEM Hub
Collier-Scripps Hall #314/317
2702 Forest Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50031
If we don’t have an item, we can try to locate it within the six-Hub network.
Ongoing Opportunities in STEM
If you have a link that’s beneficial to PreK-12 STEM education, please email the Hub with a quick overview and working website.
- Belin-Blank Summer Camps, Iowa City, June-August
- BizTown Summer Camp, Des Moines, June-July
- Bricks 4 Kidz, various locations
- DMACC Kids College, June-July, various campuses
- Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden, various themes and events
- ISU Engineering Summer Camps, June, Ames
- ISU TAG Summer Camps, June-July, Ames
- Knee High Naturalist, Polk County Conservation
- Living History Farms Camp, June-August, Urbandale
- STEAM Lab Makers Camp, Iowa City
- Summer Safari, Blank Park Zoo, summer (and more!)
- Sustainability Camp, Central College, Pella, July
- Tiger Lily STEM, various locations
Visit our STEM Calendar!
- Visit the Iowa STEM Council’s Evaluation link for the year-end report.
- Learn more about the Iowa STEM Council’s purpose.
Post-Secondary Programs and Resources
Free STEM Resources for Educators and Parents
FREE Online Quiz–Find Your STEM-Job Type: Hosted by STEMjobs.com. Sign up for their online newsletter, too.
Elevate Iowa Educator Resources: Request a speaker or schedule a field trip to learn about Advanced Manufacturing in Iowa
Vital Signs: Researched-based statistics and facts promoting STEM education
Iowa STEM Evaluation Results: Is this initiative working? We think so, but judge for yourself. This link is full of stats and facts.
The Laboratory Safety Institute: Ensure lab safety with LSI training and services.